Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cheerful songs about death

 



I've been reading a book "A Tale for the Time Being"by Ruth Ozeki which has strong elements of life, death, suicide.  I keep hearing "The Great Exhale" by The Great Lake Swimmers in my head.  I wouldn't say that is a cheerful song about death but let's say hopeful.  Maybe I'm morbid but I like thinking about these things.  What comes next?  Will it be better or worse?  Is there even any next?  So here are a few songs to contemplate these questions.  It's an excellent book by the way.  I recommend it and I recommend these songs.  I'm just recommending all over the place this morning. 



By the way, I just love this band and I love the strings in this song. 



"Buried" by Family of the Year is absolutely a cheerful song about death. 


"Travelin' On" by Norah Jane Struthers.  My favorites song from her new album.

 
 

"Everybody you ever know is going to die, that's all right, there's a big white bed up in heaven"
 
"Big White Bed by Guster

No comments:

Post a Comment