Monday, June 3, 2013

KXT Summer Cut 2013

My super quick concert review - I'll add more later (yeah, that might be a lie)



The Avett Brothers - Absolutely one of the best live bands I've ever seen!!!   They are energetic, talented and amazing!!! I don't think anyone could see them perform and not love them.  I just don't think it's possible. 

Set list

Down with the Shine
The Fall
You and I
Go to Sleep
Paul Newman vs. The Demons - the only song that I would lose
Laundry Room
Part from Me
Will You Return?
Distraction #74
At the Beach
Colorshow
Stand by Me
Jack of Diamonds
Gimmeakiss
Slight Figure of Speech
The Once and Future Carpenter
My Heart Like a Kickdrum
I and Love and You

Encore

Yellow Rose of  Texas
Talk on Indolence
Life



Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - I think the only song I knew by them going into the show was Stars but she was a good performer. 



Matt and Kim - fun and high energy but not my favorite music



Dawes - fabulous, I would love to see a full set.  They only got thirty minutes which wasn't enough.



Hayes Carll - I don't think he had enough time to find his groove.  I love his music and didn't get to hear some of my favorite songs.  I would like to catch him in a smaller venue for a full set.  Stomp and Holler was fun. 


Me and my guy at the end of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment