Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Five Favorite Albums of 2014


I love new years.  It's a great time to reflect on where you are and where you want to be and know that you can change things.  2014 was a wonder year for me mainly because I married my loml.  We're ringing in the New Year at Gas Monkey Live in Dallas with the Wild Feathers.  They are one of my favorite band discoveries this year.  I discovered them on KXT and got to see them at KXT Summercut.  They were the best of the show by far.  Here's a look at my other favorites of 2014. 

Five Favorite albums of 2014


Small Town Heroes by Hooray for the Riff Raff.  My favorite tracks are Body Electric, Small Town Heroes and End of the Line  I am going to see her on April 1 at Club Dada and I can't wait.


Sturgill Simpson's Metamodern Sounds in Country Music.  I already loved Sturgill but this album changed that love to devotion.  I'm still kicking myself for missing his show in Dallas because I waited too long to buy tickets but I am remedying that by seeing him with Jason Isbell in a few short weeks.  My favorite tracks are Turtles All the Way Down, Long White Line and Life of Sin.  He voice is reminiscent of Waylon but he is much more than a nostalgia, copycat act.  He is the real deal and what they should be playing on country radio.


They Want My Soul by Spoon - An awesome album from an awesome Texas band.  Favorite Songs - Do You, Inside Out and Rent I Pay.


I Never Learn by Lykke Li is one of my absolute favorites.  I love everything about her except that I'm not sure how to say her name.  Likey? Licky? My favorite songs are No Rest for the Wicked, Just Like a Dream, Gunshot and Love Me Like I'm not Made of Stone.   Another artist that makes me so thankful that I live in the age internet and can find awesome music that they don't play on the radio. 


Beck's Morning Phase is such a dreamy album.  It's not funky, white boy Beck.  It's a put your headphones on and lay back and relax album.  I feel like it is Sea Change Two.  My favorite songs are Heart is a Drum, Blue Moon and Morning.






1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Have a wonderful tuesday sweetie!

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me on GFC or Bloglovin and I'll do the same ;)


    Join my worldwide giveaways: Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    ReplyDelete