Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Amy's Country Music Awards - Best Male Artist

 
 
Oh the sadness of the current male artists being played on country radio.  We've even coined a term, Bro Music to describe the truck driving, beer drinking, lady chasing songs that we can't get away from on the radio.  There are still wonderful performers who write heartfelt, meaningful country songs.  This post is for them.  They might not be nominated for awards or played on the radio yet but I have faith that someday soon we will make a return to true country music.  These are my nominations for best male country artists.
 
 

 
 
Sturgill Simpson is amazing.  This is the title track of his most recent album, Turtles All the Way Down.  Why oh why is country radio not eating this man up?  He is amazing.  I really can't wrap my brain around the fact that I've never heard one of his songs on the radio. 
 
 

 
\
Jason Isbell isn't easily put in a box.  Is this country? Americana?  I'm not sure but what I do know is that it's wonderful and I can happily report that I have heard his songs played on 95.9 the Ranch.  This song is Traveling Alone.
 
 
 
I sometimes forget that people all over the country don't get to hear the wonderful Texas music we hear here.  I'm not stingy and I'll share our wonderful artists with everyone.  Hayes Carll deserves so much more love and recognition than he gets.  This is a duet, Another Like you. 
 

 
 
Another Texas treasure is the awesome Zane Williams.  It was hard to pick which song to share but A Little Too Late is one of my favorites. 
 
 

 
 
My final nominee is Brian Wright with Striking Matches.  
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment