Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hayes Carll at Billy Bob's Texas!

 


You either love Hayes Carll or you're wrong!!! Really I don't understand how people don't love him and his music.  Hayes is a Texas singer songwriter.  The first few times I've seen him were not the best.  I saw him at the 2011 Fort Worth Music Festival in the rain and I didn't get to see a whole set.  I really wasn't very familiar with him and his music but I did like his storytelling to the audience.  The next time I saw him was at KXT's Summer Cut with a much too short 30 minute set.  I was glad to finally see him in a smaller club setting where he was the featured performer.  He did not pack the place but the fans who were there were very dedicated fans.  They knew the songs.  They sang along.  They hooped and hollered.  Hayes says as long as people keep showing up he will keep performing I hope that's true.  I was disappointed that I didn't get to hear She Left Me for Jesus or Someone Like You.  I love both those songs.  I really would like to be able to provide a set list to the artist before the shows. :)  Even better I could have sang Someone Like You with Hayes.  That really would have been a fun audience sing a long.  My favorite songs were Hard Out Here and Stomp and Holler.  I really enjoy the more upbeat songs at a show.  I wanted a t shirt but I tell  myself that my splurge is for the tickets and the experience not the t shirt. 

Here's the set list

The Letter
Faulkner Street
Girl Downtown
I Got A Gig
Rivertown
Little Rock
KMAG YOYO
Chances Are
Drunken Poet's Dream
Down the Road Tonight
Magic Kid
Live Free or Die
Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
Hard Out Here
Stomp and Holler
I Don't Wanna Grow Up
Beaumont

Encore:

Bottle In My Hand
Wish I Hadn't Stayed So Long
The Lovin' Cup



No comments:

Post a Comment