Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My imaginary walk on songs




So I'm at the Rangers game last night and I start thinking what songs I would have as walk on songs if I were a Texas Ranger.  Admittedly, I will never be a Texas Ranger.  I played softball because my friends co-ed team needed more females.  That is pretty much all I brought was my femaleness to the game.  I felt like I hit a home run if my bat made contact with the ball.  Foul ball - didn't matter.  Easily caught pop up - still didn't matter.  My bat hit the ball, therefore I am awesome. lol.

So what makes a great walk up song.  It has to get you pumped and the crowd pumped.  It has to start strong because you don't get too hear too much before you're at bat. 




Howlin for you by Black Keys - That will definitely work. 


I have to have some BRMC.  I've decided on Spread your Love just because it has such a strong recognizable opening. 


Juicebox by the Strokes


Bring It by Trapt - awesomeness for a walk on song

 
Japandroids - The House that Heaven Built

So while I'm at this I would also like to make a playlist for the fireworks show too.  Really, Rangers, I love you but Ghostbusters?  You can do so much better than that.  I would like to create a job for myself that shall have the title Person in charge of Awesome Music at Rangers games.  Some little perks I would add to my million dollar contract would be that I get to sit next to Nolan Ryan at all games, rub Yu's shoulders before he takes the field and get to kiss Ian on the lips whenever I feel like it.  Yes, I have a rich fantasy life. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your fantasy!lol! And I love your choice of music! Yes, they should give that job to you cause you would add some spice to the game!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it, Donna. They really should give me that job. I also forgot to stipulate that Michael Young has to come back to the Rangers too. I'm going to send them an email offering my services. lol

    ReplyDelete