Thursday, July 11, 2013

Oh how I missed you!



Oh my little bloggity blog with so few readers, I've missed you.  I need a new computer or my old computer fixed.  Until then it will be few random posts.  I think I shall blow you up with lots of fabulous songs today. 



First up Red and White and Blue and Gold by Aoife (say it like eee-fuh) O'Donovan.  I just love it and it's perfect for July 4th.  It's just perfect anyway.   This is a very mellow relaxing song, a perfect chill in the afternoon summer song.


I've already shared Uncle Lucius' Keep the Wolves Away which I still think is a fabulous song but then I saw them live and realized that they have so much more to offer.  This is Pocket Full of Misery.  They are a great live band and I think everyone should catch them if they get a chance.  I really loved their cover of Help Me Make It Through the Night.  Also Kevin Galloway's beard is much more impressive now and I love the fact that all of the band members are songwriters.  That's unusual and fabulous.


Ah Della Mae!  I love discovering new music and Della Mae is a great discovery.  All female, bluegrass, listen and love!  They are from Boston and have a bit of Celtic influence too.  The song is Empire. 


Another new to me band, the Pines.  I don't know much about them other than I like this song.  The are from Minnesota (I can't say that without hearing it in Jesse the Body Ventura's voice).  Minnesota is the land of hot dish and the Pines.  The song is Cry, Cry, Crow.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I'll check you out tomorrow. I'm rushing out! But I've stopped by before and love what you do here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Donna. :-)

    ReplyDelete