Wednesday, November 6, 2013

If I were queen of country music radio...



So many of my friends are big time Texas country fans and they have no use for mainstream or Nashville country.  I still like some country music but do think they have lost their way a bit.  I love Miranda Lambert, Zac Brown Band, Little Big Town and Kasey Chambers.  It's just that there is some awful music getting radio play and some wonderful music that I have never heard played on the mainstream country stations.  I just thank God that I live in the age of the internet where I can discover this music without radio.  So the CMT's tonight got me to thinking about the music I would play if I were the queen of country radio.  Here are a few songs...


The wonderful Justin Townes Earle singing "Harlem River Blues".  That's some good stuff there.  He is the son of Steve Earle and named after Townes Van Zandt. 


Nikki Lane "Gone, Gone, Gone"


Jason Isbell "Alabama Pines"  He is formerly of the Drive By Truckers.  His new album Southeastern is one of my favorites of this year.  Love him.

 
Awesome Mindy Smith singing amazing "Come to Jesus" 
 
 
 
Local favorite Zane Williams singing "Overnight Success"  I love him and I love this song.  I can't wait to go see him in a couple of weeks at Billy Bob's. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment