Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My favorite music apps



I do miss record store days.  I guess there are still some hold out record stores but they are definitely becoming a thing of the past.  Most people that I know don't even buy CD's anymore.  We are living in the digital age.  It's sad to see things go but there are so many new exciting things that make it easier than ever to discover great new music.  I just wanted to share a few of my favorite apps. 



Spotify!!!  I love Spotify!  It is absolutely the best $10 I spend a month.  I love hearing my music without commercials.  I love having my music on my phone.  I love creating and sharing playlists.  I love being able to hear new music without having to buy an album that I may or may not like.  I am Amy Trevino on Spotify.  Find me and follow me and I will follow you back.  I still financially support artists I love by going to their shows and buying merch if my budget allows. 

https://www.spotify.com/us/


Band in Town.  You can track your favorite artists and find out when they schedule shows in your area.  No more missing shows.  You can also just see who is playing on any given night.  Such an awesome app.  It also interfaces with Facebook so you can use it to let your friends know you're going to a show and invite them along. 

http://www.bandsintown.com/home



Shazam - What's that song?  I used to try to remember lyrics and Google them.  That's no longer necessary now you just Shazam the song and they will tell you the artist and title.  Not 100% because I like local music and some obscure music, Shazam doesn't always help me but most times it does its job well.

http://www.shazam.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment