Sunday, October 27, 2013

Michael Franti at House of Blues Dallas


What an awesome show!  I had so much fun watching Michael Franti perform.  Well really not even watching, participating in the show.  His show got me thinking about what makes a show so much better than others.  First of all, of course, the music.  Even if everything else is right if the music is off it's not going to be a great, fun show.  There's just so much more to it.  The personality of the performer makes such a difference.  I adore the performers who just exude love and appreciation for their fans and that is Michael Franti.  He is so happy to be there.  He's so happy that we're there with him.  Also he encourages you to share love with those who came to the show with you.  I thought it was very sweet.  Love was definitely in the air.  I love performers who tell the audience stories.  Balloon drops!  I think every band should have a balloon drop.  That might be a problem at a heavy metal show but who doesn't love bopping balloons around.  Apparently, that's something that never grows old.  Sing a longs are always fun.  Jumping! Jumping! Jumping!  Performers who come out into the audience and grab hands (twice for me), give hugs! invite kids on the stage.  He also came out after the show to sign autographs and pose for pictures.  You know he has to be exhausted but he just keeps going, showing love and appreciation for his fans.  I will absolutely go see him the next time he's in the area.  Such an awesome night. This is apparently going to be a stream of consciousness blog because I'm too tired to clean it up for you.  This is in my top three favorite shows of the year. 

I also have to say what a difference it is seeing a song performed live compared to listening to the album.  There are several songs that I thought were just okay when I listened to the new album but watching the performance gave me a whole new appreciation. 

I'm going to post a few videos for the people who don't know Michael Franti's music.  I'm going to say he's a cross between Jack Johnson and Bob Marley. 

From the new album "Life is Better With You"



First single from the new album "I'm Alive (Life Sounds Like)"


His biggest song and the song that led me to Michael Franti "Say Hey (I love you)"


 
 
So I did not keep a set list because my phone died.  My phone just really doesn't like to hold a charge.  So I did my best to try to put it together after the fact.  I know I'm missing songs but here you go. 
 
 
I Don't Wanna Go
Yell Fire
Rude Boys
Sound of Sunshine (fabulous balloon drop song)
11:59
Closer to You
Life is Better with You
Gangsta Girl
Hey World
All People
Hey Hey Hey
Let it Go
I'm Alive (Life Sounds Like)
Say Hey (I Love You)
 

Me and my Gigi Boo Boo before the show.  It was her first time to House of Blues and she is IN LOVE with Michael Franti now and has decided it's time to look for love.  Unfortunately, Michael is taken so she'll have to look elsewhere.  Oh I also need to say that opener Serena Ryder did a great job.  She has an amazing voice and I'm so jealous.  Fabulous show!  Awesome night!  Fun, fun, fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment