Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ranch Bash 2013 Favorites!


I am still recovering from Ranch Bash 2013.  I just stayed awake late and had to work this morning not that I ever let that stop me.  I did let it stop me from going to the after party at Whiskey Girl though.  Ranch Bash is a big Texas Country concert put on by the radio stations 95.9 the Ranch.  This year was the first year at the Panther Island Pavillion in downtown Fort worth.  I love this venue.  doesn't the city skyline look beautiful behind the stage.  Unfortunately I didn't make it for the opening bands.  But I did get to see my favorite, Hayes Carll.  I just wanted to share a favorite song or two from a few of the Ranch Bash artists. 



First up Hayes Carll singing "Hard Out Here".  I'm sorry about the annoying TV feed but the other version I tried to upload was not cooperating and the sound is good on this one.  I love this song and I love Hayes Carll.  So two Hayes Carll suggestions.  Next time have Charla  Corn sing Another Like You with you.  Not that I didn't appreciate the audience members best efforts Charla would have been awesome.  Also why oh why aren't you singing "She Left Me Jesus" anymore?  I've seen you three times this year and have missed this song. 



Next up my favorite song by Whiskey Myers "Broken Window Serenade"


The Dirty River Boys most fun song "Raise Some Hell" The music actually starts at 1:05.

 
A much needed female presence in Texas Country The Trisha's singing "Mother of Invention".  I'm really sad that I missed their set.  I will catch them their next stop through DFW well FW. 
 
 
 
I missed their performance but I heard them from the parking garage as I was leaving work and this is the song that's been stuck in my head for the last day.  Eleven Hundred Springs performing "We're From Texas"  The music begins at 1:30.
 
 
 
Here's a picture of my fabulous friends affectionately known as "Wallbangers" for getting on the texting wall of 95.9 the Ranch on the app or on the computer.  I was taking the picture. 
 
So other suggestions.  Concert goers were you born in a barn?  Please throw your trash away.  There were trash cans provided.  If it's a cold night even though you might look adorable in your short shorts and tiny skirts, they really aren't practical.  Stay until the end.  Bring a blanket.  Sunscreen is a good idea if you're going to be outside all day.  Even if it's cool that sun sure is still shining, just ask Matt Voss. Don't leave before the fabulous headliner, Hayes Carll, finishes.  That's just bad form but I did appreciate him calling those who stayed until the end "the gladiators of music and alcohol and his heroes".  Also with the alcohol.  If you are going to see ten bands starting at 1 pm pace yourself on the drinking.  Eat something.  Maybe switch one alcoholic beverage with a non-alcoholic beverage.  Also even though we love to see our friends and socialize be considerate of the people who are actually trying to see the bands.  So thank you artists for performing.  Thank you Ranch for putting on a great show.  I can't wait to see who's in the line up next year.  I'll go ahead and request Randy Rogers Band, Turnpike Troubadours, Stoney Larue, Wade Bowen and The Damn Quails.  That's a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment