Thursday, March 28, 2013

Awesome Acoustic

I read an article on NPR about why unplugged recordings last and wanted to share some of my favorites acoustic songs. 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh how I love me some Avett Brothers.  They are one of my favorite bands and definitely in my top five greatest concerts.  I'm looking foreward to seeing them again at KXT summer cut.  
 
 
Alice in Chains Down in a Hole from Unplugged which was 17 years ago.  Life will pass you by.  I can't listen to AIC without being sad for Layne. 
 
 
Guster is my favorite band.  Mainly because at a time when I was incredibly sad, their music made me happy.  This isn't one of their most upbeat songs but it hits a certain place.  Check out their new acoustic album, cleverly titled, Live Acoustic.  I saw them at the Myerson Symphony Center with the Dallas Symphony in January.  I wish I could have followed them to Austin for their acoustic show there.  They're coming back in June with Barenaked Ladies and I forget who else, Ben Folds maybe.  
 
 
 
Love Tift Merritt and Sweet Spot is one of my favorite songs by her.  I missed her at the Kessler but I really would love to catch her show. 
 
Time to share.  Someday I'm going to ask a question and someone will shock me and comment.  It's going to be amazing.  lol.  So the question is what is your favorite acoustic version of a song? 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment