Saturday, March 23, 2013

The beginning...



Does the world need another music blog? I don't know.  I just love my music so much and want to share it with the world.  I love all kinds of music and not just the mainstream I heard it on the radio music.  There are some great songs played on the radio but so much fabulous music that never gets airplay.  That's what makes the internet so fabulous.  You can discover wonderful songs and artists that you would never hear on the radio and might never have heard at all preinternet. 

I hear an amazing song and I want everyone to love it with me.  I am not a musician but an avid appreciator of all things musical.  I find music to be the greatest mood changing substance in the world.  It can give you hope when you're feeling hopeless.  It can make you run one more lap.  It can even make cleaning the house bearable when you are singing along with your favorite songs.  And there's no hangover after listening to your favorite song.  There are no calories in a fabulous playlist. Music doesn't hurt you or anyone else. 

I don't claim to be some knowedgeable critc.  I just like what I like and want to share it and hopefully find some like minded people along the way.  My music is indie, alternative, folk roots, texas country, classic country, motown, singer songwriter, guitar rock, happy songs.  My favorite bands are Guster, The Avett Brothers, BRMC, The Shins, Kopecky  Family Band, Noah and the Whale, Good Old War, The Head and the Heart and Fleet Foxes.  I love Beck, Jack White, Jason Mraz, Xavier Rudd, Michael Franti.  I need to represent some females; Neko Case, Tift Merritt, Kathleen Edwards, Brandi Carlisle and Ingrid Michaelson are all favorites. Okay there are dozens more but I will be sharing them all here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment