Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ska is not dead!

I'm in a ska mood today.  I feel like it was just yesterday but it's been a good ten, fifteen going on twenty years since my ska loving days. 


 
 
Let's start off with some awesomeness that is Big D and the Kids Table, Shining On.  I made this song a ringtone at a time when I actually let my phone ring.  Now I have been conditioned just like Pavlov's dogs and whenever I hear this song, I look for my phone. 
 
 
 
Less than Jake - All My Best Friends Are Metalheads.  I can honestly say the most fun I've ever had a show.  I've seen them twice and they are a blast.  Ska music in general just makes for a great show.  It's fun music.  Chris is soooo hilarious too! 
 
 
Here's a little Save Ferris - I'm not crying for you.  They're probably best known for their cover of Come On Eileen, The World is New is a another fabulous song but I needed a female empowerment song, hear me roar. 
 
 
Rancid - Time Bomb, The video version the lips don't match the music and that makes me crazy so here we go. 
 
 
I'll finish up with Streetlight Manifesto - The Receiving End of It All.  Just pure fabulousness with lots of horns, great tempo.  All righty then, who's ready for fourth wave? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment