Friday, March 29, 2013

Five for Friday

I'm sharing five of my favorite songs.  Today I'm leaning towards folk/roots/Americana.  I hate trying to classify music.  I never feel like I quite get it right.  I like to classify music as music I love and not so much, two simple categories. 

 

 
 
 
First up Delta Spirit, People C'mon.  The first Delta Spirit song I heard and still my favorite.  I love the lyrics, the piano.  So I missed them at HOB and I'm going to miss them at the FW Music Festival but this is on my list of bands to see. 
 
 

 
This is Amazing Eyes by Good Old War.  I could listen to this song one hundred times in a row and not get tired of it.  Favorite lyric "I'm a little bit broken, you're a little bit broken but when we get togther my or my"  or maybe just the theme of  "I know I never meant no harm to anyone, I know I never meant no harm at all". 
 
 
Brandi Carlile - That Wasn't Me with Kris Kristopherson in the video.  I don't know if he had anything to do with her song or if he was only in the video.  Bear Creek was one of my favorite albums of 2012. 
 
 
The Head and the Heart - Lost in My Mind.  An amazing band out of Seattle.  I dig them. 
 
 
Last one, Emmy Lou by First Aid Kit some Swedish, female awesomeness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment