Monday, March 25, 2013

Fort Worth Music Festival

 
 
 
So I just wanted to give a little shout out to the Fort Worth Music Festival.  I went last year for the first time and enjoyed Friday night in spite of the drizzly rain.  Of course, I was with my love who is no longer my love, sniffles.  Last years festival was in the fall and on the lawn by Will Rogers.  I enjoyed Hudson Moore and Reverend Horton Heat.  I would like to see Hayes Carll again.  I do wish I had gotten a chance to see Dr. Dog.  I pray they have better weather this year.  Even more so because this is also the weekend of the Main Street Arts Festival.  It should be a great weekend to be in downtown Fort Worth.
 
This is a new venue this year at the Panther Island Pavilion.  I think the new venue will be a nice change with downtown Fort Worth behind you.  I will only be making it for the show on Friday this year which is quite a bummer because I really wanted to see Delta Spirit.  Still I'm looking forward to the Drive by Truckers, Whiskey Myers, Dirty River Boys and the Old 97's.  Also I will get to catch a couple of local bands Quaker City Night Hawks and Calhoun.  I am the worst about seeing local bands because I always feel like I'll have another chance to see them.  I need to work on that.  Anyways if you're a local DFW music lover you should definitely check this festival out.  $35 for thirty bands and two days of entertainment can't be beat.  

2 comments:

  1. Hayes Carll is going to be at KXT Summer Cut so I will get to see him again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I not only talk to myself on my FB wall. I talk to myself on my blog too because I'm cool like that.

    ReplyDelete