Monday, April 29, 2013

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at House of Blues Dallas

 

Such an incredibly awesome show!!! Absolutely the best show that I've been to this year and BRMC is always in my top five best shows I've seen! Now admittedly I'm biased because I love, love, love them and I have a mad crush on Peter Hayes but truly an amazing show.  I've been writing this post in my head for the past two days.  I was too sleep deprived to get to this before now.  I had to go to work the next morning which is always a bummer but absolutely worth it. 

I discovered BRMC maybe five years ago when I saw them at the Grenada in Dallas.  I'm thinking it must have been 2007 because I remember loving the songs from Baby 81 and at that time I was not into the Howl songs at all.  My appreciation of Howl has grown.   What I do know is that I was an instant fan.  I couldn't even see Peter's face with all his hair but he just exuded cool. 




This was the second time I saw them and so much better because I know most of the songs this time.  BRMC has some very hard, driving songs and then more ambient and introspective songs.   It's a great mix and they hit it hard then pull back.  It keeps the show fresh.  They're not very chatty on stage but that keeps the cool vibe going.  They let the music speak.  Also they play for a long time.  I really think longer than any other band I've seen, a solid two hours and maybe even a little longer than that.  Now that they have six albums I know it's not possible for them to play everyone's favorites songs but there were a few I would have loved to hear that didn't make it.

Now I'm really considering getting the old lady seats in the balcony next time.  Being short stinks.  Always there is a tall guy in front of me.  I finally get around or beside the tall guy and somehow another tall guy pops up in front of me.  I love being in middle of the crowd.  I love feeling the energy and working my way up closer to the stage.  I would say the last half of the show I was able to see without standing on my tiptoes peaking between shoulders.   I'm just thinking it's a trade off between being close and being able to see.  Still sitting at a show seems lame. I want to feel the bass coming up through the floor. I want to be a part of it not an observer.



 
So if you haven't listened to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, I say listen to them and love them.  I really don't know how anyone could not appreciate their music.  Here's the set list.  It was a fabulous night!

Let the Day Begin - The Call cover
Rival
Red Eyes and Tears
Hate the Taste
Beat the Devils Tattoo
Whatever Happened to My Rock n Roll
Ain't No Easy Way
Berlin
666 Conducer
Returning
You Run - acoustic Robert
Devil's Waiting - acoustic Peter (Note: I wanted to junk punch those talking during this song)
Fire Walker
Windows
Conscience Killer
Stop
Love Burns
Lullaby
In Like the Rose
White Palms
Funny Games
Six Barrel Shotgun
Spread You Love

Encore:

Sell It
Lose Yourself


 
Also I want to buy Peter a gift of a quit smoking hypnosis CDs and Nicorette. I want him to live forever or at the very least longer than me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment