Friday, April 19, 2013

Songs of Hope



This has been such a difficult week.  There was a horrible terrorist attack that claimed an 8 year old among its victims.  There was a tragic explosion that claimed lives including those of first responders.  There have been so many killed and injured, property lost and a town devastated.  Some days you just wonder what's wrong with our world.  I remind myself that there are many, many more good people out there.  The people that rush to help restore my faith.  I do believe that hurt people, hurt people.  I wish we could find a better way to help them before they hurt others.  I listen to songs that are like musical bandaids for the soul.  Here are some of  my songs of hope...

 
"One Day" by Matisyahu
 
Sometimes I lay
Under the moon
And thank God I'm breathin'
Then I pray
Don't take me soon
'Cause I am here for a reason
 
 
 
"Tomorow Will Be Kinder"
by the Secret Sisters
 
Today I've cried many a tear
And pain is in my heart
Around me lies a somber scene
I don't know where to start
But I feel warmth on my skin
The stars have all aligned
The wind has blown, but now I know
That tomorrow will be kinder
 
 
"Hey World (Don't Give Up)"
by Michael Franti
 
Hey world, what you say
Should I stick around for another day or two?
Don't give up on me, I won't give up on you
Just believe in me, like I believe in you
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment