Friday, April 12, 2013

Four for Friday




Some new to me music that I'm digging this Friday night.




"Keep the Wolves Away" by Uncle Lucius  Just try to listen to this song and not feel something.  It's a great commentary on those struggling economically and people doing whatever is needed to care for their familes.  This song has heart.  I love that Uncle Lucious is taking donations for food banks at their shows to help struggling Texas families. 




I'm really enjoying Wheeler Brothers new album Gold Boots Glitter.  This is my favorite song "You Got a Lot of Love".  My other favorites are "Straight and Steady" and "Cigarette Smoke".  How can I describe Wheeler Brothers to someone who hasn't heard them.  I have heard like Mumford but I really don't think that.  I say listen and decide for yourself but lets go with folk roots Americana. They are from Austin and will be coming to Fort Worth to the Live Oak on April 27, 2013.  I really wish I could catch them but I'm already going to see BRMC that night.  Hopefully they will be back in the area soon. 


"Six Riders" by the Dirty River Brothers.  I love a song that tells a story and I love Dirty River Brothers sound.  They've been playing this on 95.9 the Ranch and I give it a big thumbs up whenever I hear it.  They will be at the Fort Worth Music Festival in May and will be back in town in July for a free performance at the Capital Bar.  I will be seeing them at both. 

 
 
Another song that 95.9 the Ranch turned me onto.  I love this song.  "Gawd Above" by Jon Fullbright.  This song is amazing.  It's just such a powerful song that I can't believe it's just one man with a guitar and a harmonica. I have to say that as much as this song is amazing I don't agree with Jon Fulbright's jerk of a God.  My God is a loving God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment