Sunday, April 7, 2013

The saddest sad songs...



So I'm having a bit of a bad, sad day.  Usually when I get in my moods, I want to listen to a happy song that will pick me up but some days I just want to wallow in my sadness.  Today is one of those days.  My sadness is named men disappoint.  So even though the songs where someone is lost are really sad that's not my flavor of sad today. 


This is my saddest sad song.  Beth Orton's cover of I wish I never saw the sunshine.  This is also a great example of how a cover can have so much more depth and emotion than the original. 


Gary Jules cover of Mad World is my son's saddest song.  It is very melancholy. 


Guster's The Empire State - I wish I could find the words to describe how this song makes me feel.  It makes me want to cry and gives me hope at the same time.  That's the best I can do.

Okay, enough wallowing in sadness for one day.  Maybe I will balance this with happy songs tomorow.  So my imaginary readers, what is your sadddest sad song?





No comments:

Post a Comment