Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's like a musical anti-anxiety drug.



So I had an incredibly stressful day at work today.  I love that music can just take me away from all that anxiety and I can leave it all behind me.  Music is such a powerful mood changer.  Today I'm sharing three of my favorite calm down songs.

 
Come my brother, come slowly, Come easy my friend, come my friend

Xavier Rudd's - Come On Let Go.  Xavier is an incredibly talented multi-instrumentalist.  I find reggae or reggae inspired beats to be the most calming. 

 
 
 
This is Lost in a Moment by Shrift.  The video is as calming and meditative as the song. 
 
 








Jason Mraz - Details in the Fabric

You may also want to check out the Shins and Kings of Convenience.  I find them both to be theapeutic.  Ah, now I can breathe again.  It just takes a few deep breaths and some good music and it's a whole new, calm world.  If you feel like sharing, I would love to know what songs help you calm down and destress.




No comments:

Post a Comment