Monday, April 15, 2013

Tyrone Wells at the Cambridge Room, House of Blues Dallas




I caught Tyrone Wells for the second time at the Cambridge Room at the House of Blues in Dallas.   This was my first time in the smaller room and again it is a struggle being a short person at a general admission show.  Luckily, super awesome ponytail and glasses guy heard me whine when he stepped in front of me and moved out of my way.  See I just knew that other Tyrone Wells fans would be sweet and considerate. 

If you aren't familiar with Tyrone Wells he is a singer songwriter and has so many beautiful songs.  I actually discovered him when he opened another show and he blew me away so much that I remember him and not the headliner.   When I bought these tickets I was in a relationship and Tyrone Well's "You're the One" spoke to my heart.  I am single at the moment and almost skipped the show because I thought I might get a little sad.  He didn't play that song and I still had an awesome time.  I'm so glad my friend gave me a little nudge to go.

I do have to say that he would be a great show for a couple in love to see. He said there have been eleven proposals at his shows.  Love is definitely in the air at a Tyrone Wells show.  At this show it was mostly me loving Tyrone Wells and his music.  He is a beautiful soul which is apparent in his music but becomes even more apparent when he speaks at his shows.  He obviously hasn't let success go to his beautiful bald head.  There is a lot said about the fact that he is the son of  a preacher but I do think that probably grounded him in a way that other artists are not.

Set list

Sink or Swim
Need
Head Over Heels
Running Around in my Dreams
Two Buffaloes - yodeling song
No Sunshine When She's Gone - Bill Wither's cover
Happy as the Sun
All You Gotta Do is Dream
Freedom
Baby Don't you Change
Medley: Adele's Fire to the Rain, Elie Goulding's Lights, Taylor Swift's Trouble
A Beautiful Place to Be
Sea Breeze
More

Encore:  Remain

Just a quick note about his opening act Wakey Wakey.  I really didn't know his music but enjoyed it and found Michael Grubbs to be very funny and personable.  As much it's about the music it's fun to spend time with someone that you think you would like as a friend.  I will be listening to more of his music now.











No comments:

Post a Comment